Monday, February 9, 2009

Soundtrack.

Ever find a band that just seems to epitomize everything you're feeling? I think I've known this for a while, but it just hit me, Rise Against shows me the words I can never find. 

All because of you, I haven't slept in so long
I've always had trouble saying what I really mean, then I'll hear them, and it clicks.
When I do I dream, of drowning in the ocean
The moment's always passed though, too late to really say what I want.
Longing for the shore, where I can lay my head down
I always thought it was strange that one or two songs would fit a situation so perfectly, until I found their older stuff, and realized it all fits.
I'll follow your voice, all you have to do is shout it out

Fight back the impulse
To turn my head and close my eyes

Seems like a strange place to find meaning in lyrics.
When I first heard them, I didn't see past the exterior, didn't see the truth in what they say.
Spending these nights awake and cold and paralyzed
Wonder how we got this far and never realized
Damn it feels good finding something that expresses everything so clearly.
The common thread that binds our lives
And I know you hurt
But I can help you if you can


Days blurred into each other 
Though everything seemed clear

I only wish it could tell me where to go from here.
We cruised along at half speed 
But then we shifted gears 

Seems like it always comes down to finding that next step. Even though I can never push myself to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment