Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's Strange....

things are far from great, but for some reason, I'm feeling a hell of a lot better. I don't know why. I haven't slept well in a week and my face looks like it got hit with a belt sander, but for some reason I'm enjoying every minute of it. Sure things could be better, plenty I wish was different, but I'm alright with it for now.

Figures this would finally happen with 85 days of school left. It's taken me five and a half years and I'm finally hitting my stride.

God damn. Why did this have to happen so late? Everyone's ready to put school past them and forget about everything that's gone down here, and I don't want to leave. I'm not ready to put this behind me. I don't want to lose everything I've known for the last six years.


In fields where nothing grew but weeds
I found a flower at my feet
Bending there in my direction
I wrapped a hand around its stem
I pulled until the roots gave in
Finding out what I've been missing

3 comments:

  1. eh. I think everyone says they're ready to put school past them, but I doubt it. I always say that I'm ready to go to college, but I am not ready to graduate. :/ you're not alone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, Raghav. I'm more than ready to leave Oxford, but that's mostly because I've had a pretty crappy time at Oxford. I doubt college is really going to be that much better, but at this point, I just need something new

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready to leave. Just not ready to leave you.

    ReplyDelete