Monday, March 30, 2009

Essentially my top played recently:

I Was Wrong

I brought down the sky for you and all you did was shrug

You'll have to excuse me I have better things to do
I'm leaving you far behind

Hello
I've waited here for you
Everlong

We've been dancing
On a volcano
and we've been crying, crying, crying
Over blackened souls

You suck so passionately
You're a parasitic psycho finger banging my heart

You left a stain
On every one of my good days
But I am stronger than you know
I have to let you go


Why can't things be the way they used to be?
Why can't I feel the way I used to feel?
Back in the days when it all worked out
Is it all in my mind?

I've been here so long; think that its time to move
The winter's so cold summer's over too soon
so let's pack our bags and settle down where palm trees grow


Take away, take away
Take away this ball and chain
I'm lonely and I'm tired
And I can't take any more pain


Your sorry eyes, they cut through bone.
They make it hard to leave you alone.
Leave you here wearing your wounds
Waving your guns at somebody new.


And now crawling I position myself 
Below your broken wings
I lift your feathered left arm
Where you hide your heart from me
I never noticed it was swollen
With a touch of brutal pain
I never knew a heart could live inside
The rust from all your rain, all your rain


I've got to move on. Take what's in front of me and run. I'm done putting myself through this. It's time to look out for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment