Sunday, March 8, 2009

Eternal Sunshine...

Why do I fall in love with every woman I see who shows me the least bit of attention?

This quote was immediately followed by the crack of my jaw hitting the floor. In two seconds, Jim Carey summed up every relationship I've ever had with a girl. Quite literally, all of them. To be completely honest, if you are a girl, and we're friends, and have said more than ten words to each other, then at one point or another I've been in love. Scratch that, I fell for seven last year. Most of the time i realize that I'm just being stupid and shake that feeling in a minute, although sometimes it takes a day, a week, a month, sometimes years. When I find myself falling into this trap now, I know better and am able to convince myself that I'm not really feeling this, that my head is lying to me. Realizing this about myself, however, has caused me to question every feeling I have. With everyone I see, I have to figure out if what I'm feeling is real, or if I'm just lying to myself because I love the idea of being in love.

Now I'm trying to figure out if this trait is a blessing or a curse. On the one hand, I've started many friendships solely because I wanted to get to know a girl better, but on the other hand, this has caused so much heartache, trying to figure out how I feel, how they feel, how everything will work out, it makes me want to just get away.

Eternal Sunshine is easily one of my favorite movies now, and it just makes me think: If you could erase an entire person, everything they gave you, every conversation you've ever had, every emotion they've ever aroused, every single moment you spent with them, thinking of them, dreaming of them, everything they've ever meant to you, would you?



Is that seat taken 
Congratulations 
Would you like to take a walk with me 

My mind it kind of goes fast 
I try to slow it down for you 
I think I'd love to take a drive 
I want to give you something 
I've been wanting to give to you for years 
My heart 

My heart, my pain won't cover up 
You left me
My heart won't take this cover up 
You left me

I came to see the light in my best friend 
You seemed as happy as you'd ever been 
My chance of being open was broken 
And now you're Mrs. him. 

My words they don't come out right 
But I'll try to say I'm happy for you 
I think I'm going to take that drive 
I want to give you something 
I've been wanting to give to you for years 
My heart

And I can't change this 
I can never take it back 
But now I can't change your mind 

2 comments:

  1. babe, everyone wants to fall in love. you aren't alone there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I was just listening to this song last night and was thinking about quoting the lyrics in a blog.

    ReplyDelete